Brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste helps prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day with a soft-to-medium brush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Put the bristles at the join between teeth and gums, pointing towards the gums, and brush using short circular movements.
- Brush all round every tooth, carefully making sure you can feel the brush on your gums.
- Don’t use too much force – give your teeth and gums a gentle scrub. Thorough brushing takes two or three minutes; why not time yourself?
- After brushing, you should spit out the toothpaste – but do not rinse, as this lessens the effect of the fluoride.
- Replace the brush when the bristles get out of shape.